Wednesday, January 8, 2014

lots of updates!!

So much has happened since my last post. Where to begin?

Last week, I discussed with my managers that working as a technician was becoming an issue as far as standing and restraining animals. By the afternoons, my back is really sore making it very uncomfortable and difficult to do my job effectively. We decided that I would cut back my hours slightly and change my duties at work. I am now working more of a part time schedule with more receptionist/phone responsibilities. I do miss doing technician duties but I'm happy that they're able to accommodate me for as long as I feel comfortable working. I did mention that it could be a few weeks, days, I'm just not sure.

We had our hospital tour on Saturday. It was nice to see where we are going to deliver. While we were there we saw the discharge of TWO sets of twins. That was really cool. We didn't get to see much action but we saw an example of a postpartum room that we will be in for a few days after delivery, they're very small! We were also told to not have anyone come to the hospital too early as once we get admitted and go through delivery, it will be at least two hours before there can be any visitors. So visitors are recommended to stay at home until notified. The maternity waiting room is also TINY, it holds about 10-15 people max and I feel like they did that intentionally so that people have nowhere to wait. Also, I already knew this but because we're having twins, I will have to deliver in the operating room regardless if we have a csection or not. I will be there between 2-4 days depending on what kind of birth I have. It makes the hospital seem less scary but seeing where we will be.

I had my baby shower on Sunday. It was organized by my sister in law, Mary and Bill's mom and stepmom, Betsy and Nancy as well as my mom. I was very happy that Bill was not only willing to attend with me but wanted to. It was a great day. We had a brunch type buffet. I was so happy to see everyone who came to celebrate with us. We received sooo many gifts that we couldn't fit them all into one car. Luckily, friends of ours were able to help transport them back to our house. As far as putting everything away, that's another story for another day. But for now, they are inside the house. :-) I am still receiving presents as of yesterday from people that were unable to attend or who weren't invited like my male boss at work. People are so generous when it comes to weddings and baby showers. It is so much appreciated.

I had a doctors appointment on Monday, it was very uneventful but I did get to see my regular ob/gyn doctor that has seen me for my yearly appointments. She had looked up my case before I came in and was so excited to hear about our IVF process.

I have an ultrasound next Friday at the hospital.

This week is 29 weeks!!!! The babies are the size of BUTTERNUT SQUASH. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment