Tuesday, January 28, 2014

almost 32 weeks!

I had a doctors appointment on Friday last week. She asked me the positions of the babies at the last ultrasound, which I told her. She then asked me, "Have we scheduled your c-section yet?" I was taken by surprise for a minute. As one would think! So we talked about that for a few minutes. Someone is supposed to call me to schedule this at 38 weeks. She "put in" that she wants to be the one who does it and asked me who my second choice is and that is Dr Lacey. It's getting real now!! My blood pressure was 120/88 which was borderline and up from what it has been. Also, I mentioned that I had a headache last week so she decided to run some bloodwork to rule out preeclampsia. She told me that they would only call me if it was abnormal, I haven't heard anything so far.

Saturday morning, I woke up and my hands and feet were swollen! I thought I had escaped that part of pregnancy as I hadn't had any issues thus far. I had to work on Saturday and it was super busy and so by the time I got home, I was really struggling with swollen feet and hands. It's been more of the same since then.

I'm going to call and ask about my bloodwork because I know swelling is also a sign of preeclampsia but it's also considered a normal part of pregnancy.

I start the nonstress tests tomorrow at the hospital and my doctor wants me to have them twice weekly.

I have been having trouble sleeping now too so I guess this is where all the fun parts of pregnancy start! Woohooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment