Friday, July 5, 2013

Waiting

I am waiting for the doctors office to call me today to let me know how my embryos are doing so I figured I'd do an update from yesterday. 

Dr Huang called me yesterday morning. Out of the 14 eggs, only 11 were mature. Out of the 11, only 5 successfully fertilized with ICSI. I was initially bummed out about this but after reading other stories online, this isn't very unusual? And the doctor didn't seem concerned. She told me that I'll find out today if I need a 3 or 5 day transfer. And I should still be resting. This is difficult because I feel fine!! I am on alert for hyperstimulation for 14 days. 

I am getting stressed out waiting... And the fact that on my patient portal, they have changed it from Mondy to Saturday and it currently says Saturday and Monday.  I have called my nurse and I'm waiting for a call back..

2 hours have passed. Bill has also called. No response yet! This is very frustrating. 

Update: my nurse called back finally! There are 3 good embryos, 1 fair and 1 poor. I have to go in tomorrow for a 3 day transfer. I had a feeling that it'd be tomorrow. I'm glad though because it is Dr Huang doing the procedure and not another random doctor. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about this all. It's very stressful! 


1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you tomorrow (today!) with fingers and toes crossed!!! Glad Dr. Huang has turned out to be nice... Try not to be so stressed - maybe some yoga & meditation! Big Hugs XOXO

    ReplyDelete