Thursday, July 18, 2013

Success!!!

Drum roll.... The moment we all have been waiting for. 

I did do home pregnancy tests but since this blog isn't private, I didn't want to give anything away to my trusty followers too soon. 

I tested positive way early morning on 7/13/13 and subsequent days until my blood test. 

I started having symptoms but thought they were in my head. Cramps, mild nausea, soreness, tired. I am also on progesterone supplements and apparently these signs can be side effects of the medication. 

My doctor called me with my results yesterday by leading the conversation with, "who is your favorite Reproductive Endocrinologist??"  

My hcg level is 353 which she told me that any result over 80 is considered good. My progesterone level is 89 which appears to be high looking at the normal range. I don't think it means anything. 

I made a special dinner to celebrate and Bill brought me home beautiful flowers. We got a lot of congratulations. In a normal pregnancy, you're not supposed to share the news until 12 weeks along but in our case, our close friends and family all knew we were going through IVF so they were also anxiously waiting the result. 

It's been a long few months (and years leading up to) of poking and proding but it appears to all be worth it!! 

We are very happy and excited. 

1 comment:

  1. Trusty follower checking in!!!

    Woo-Hoo Jess & Bill!!!

    Yes, thank you for sharing your news - we have all been just a little anxious...

    We are very excited for you both. XOXO

    ReplyDelete