Saturday, February 8, 2014

I went to my regular nonstress test (NST) yesterday at the hospital.

I mentioned to the nurse that on Thursday night, I had a few contractions. Contractions are normal to have but if I have more than 5 an hour, I'm supposed to call my doctor and see if I need to go to the hospital to be monitored. I had maybe three on Thursday night in one hour, I laid down and went to bed soon after.

While I was having the NST, I had some more contractions on the monitor which I didn't really feel. So.. a midwife came in to talk to me and had me do a FFN test which is a fetal fibronectin test. This test is to see if I have chance to be in labor or if I don't. It's a swab that checks for protein released by the placenta that acts like a "glue" for the fetus to tell when labor could occur. My test came back negative which meant that I have a 97% chance of not going into labor or delivering in the next 10-14 days. While I was there, she also wanted to check my cervix... turns out I am 1 1/2 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. This isn't really indicative of anything as she said people have be 1 cm dilated for a month or two and not be in or going into labor. She said I didn't have to be on bed rest yet. Dilation and Effacement Photo

So for now, I just watch and go back if the contractions happen again. I return on Tuesday anyway for another NST and Monday for my ob appointment. 

I have a feeling this will not my last trip to the hospital before my due date.. I guess it really is happening quick now! I have about 8 more shifts at work until my "quit date", ending the week of March 1. 


No comments:

Post a Comment