Saturday, December 14, 2013

Routine ob appointment yesterday. 

I explained my back pain which she thinks is actually rib pain. The uterus is growing so it puts pressure on my ribs and they separate? There wasn't much she recommended other than prenatal massage, Tylenol or thermacare pads.  Ugh... She said to let her know and she could "write me out of work". Probably has something to do with the fact that my uterus measures 34 weeks!!!!

Otherwise, she had trouble finding both babies heartbeats so she brought in a portable ultrasound machine and saw that they were very close together so the heartbeat she heard was from both of them at different times. I couldn't really see the ultrasound but she said they were side by side. 

I have another appointment in two weeks and that's when I'll have the gestational diabetes test done and some other bloodwork. For the diabetes test, I need to drink a prescribed sugar juice and see how my body responds in one hour. She also recommended the tdap vaccine for whooping cough (pertussis), tetanus and diphtheria. And said Bill should also get it. I have to go to my pcp for that. 

I also asked about the likelihood of a csection. She said it was too early to tell right now but the risk increases if I go into preterm labor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment