Thursday, June 27, 2013

Recheck


I had another recheck this morning. The doctor was able to visualize the right ovary which she couldn't see last time. There are still many follicles but they're still not very large yet. I did see one measure over 10mm just by snooping at the machine. I have to wait and see what my bloodwork results are this afternoon and will have to return sometime this weekend I'm sure.

My doctor called me this afternoon. My estrogen level is up to 400. I start the Ganirelex tomorrow night along with Gonal F. Ganirelex is the injection to delay ovulation. Saturday morning, I give another Ganirelex then have another ultrasound and bloodwork that morning.

What's next? I only have 5 injections of Ganirelex at my house so I imagine I only am taking those for a few days. And my Gonal F is almost gone. After that, I will take the trigger injection of HCG when they tell me to. Once I take that, the egg retrieval is 36 hours later. I've asked her when to expect the retrieval but she won't give me a date yet, just says "next week". Tick tock.

I can't believe that I'm  moving on to the next step. This is all so crazy and pretty much all that I can think about. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Jess, this is really happening! It's so exciting!!! When all your numbers are good and you're READY how fast will they move to the in-vitro fertilization? OMG!!! :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked her but she can't give me a date yet. She just said next week. :-D it's usually 10-14 days after starting the initial injections. Probably by the end of next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Holy-Moly! Next week! You must be very excited and very scared at the same time... How's Bill doing??? ^o^

    ReplyDelete